FSPR Volunteer Service/Activity Description
Administrative, office or clerical:
Description: Assist in the daily office management and administrative duties of the organization like bookkeeping and fundraising, manage volunteer, membership and donation records and activities, draft and send announcements and other correspondence, organize office files, plan youth educational programs, attend board and committee meetings, provide support to the President of the Board of Directors, schedule docents for regular events, and take the lead planning special events.
1. Location: Friends of the San Pedro River office co-located with the BLM San Pedro Project Office in Hereford, AZ.
2. Time/schedule commitments: Half-time (no more than 20 hours/week) staff position. Work schedule is flexible.
3. Use of government vehicle: Will be operated by government employee. May ride as passenger in government vehicle on rare occasions.
4. Use of personal vehicle: For volunteerŐs personal transportation to work site.
5. Tools and equipment: Computer, printer and other miscellaneous office equipment.
6. Personal tools and equipment: Appropriate casual personal attire and footwear.
7. Skills and abilities needed: Modest computer skills, picking up and carrying office equipment, occasionally heavy or cumbersome loads with assistance (e.g. boxes).
Training and certifications: Recognizing potential hazards encountered in and around buildings. Lifting and carrying heavy loads.
8. Level of physical activity: Modest physical demands in general requiring simply good overall health. Occasional moderately strenuous activities like picking up and carrying loads.
9. Hazards or risks: Tripping over indoor thresholds/obstacles. Encounters with stinging and biting insects, allergens (dust, pollen) in and around buildings.