FSPR Volunteer Service/Activity Description
Graphic Design, interpretive products:
Description: Design, layout and print draft-quality brochures, flyers, newsletters, signs and other interpretive and visually engaging products. Prepare high-volume jobs for publication, replication and distribution. Research and solicit feedback on content and visual appeal.
1. Location: Friends of the San Pedro River office co-located with the BLM San Pedro Project Office in Hereford, AZ. May perform some tasks on home computer.
2. Time/schedule commitments: Half-time (no more than 20 hours/week) staff position. Work schedule is flexible.
3. Use of government vehicle: Will be operated by government employee. May ride as passenger in government vehicle on rare occasions.
4. Use of personal vehicle: For volunteerŐs personal transportation to work site.
5. Tools and equipment: Computer, printer/plotter, design/layout/publishing software and other miscellaneous office equipment and printing supplies.
6. Personal tools and equipment: Appropriate casual personal attire and footwear.
7. Skills and abilities needed: Modest computer publishing, layout and graphic design skills. Picking up and carrying office equipment, occasionally heavy or cumbersome loads with assistance (e.g. boxes).
Training and certifications: Recognizing potential hazards encountered in and around buildings. Lifting and carrying equipment, supplies, and other heavy loads.
8. Level of physical activity: Modest physical demands in general requiring simply good overall health. Occasional moderately strenuous activities like picking up and carrying loads.
9. Hazards or risks: Tripping over indoor thresholds/obstacles. Encounters with stinging and biting insects, allergens (dust, pollen) in and around buildings.