Check out events coming up in January, and plan your visits to the river!
Check out our events flyer for upcoming events in December!
Check out our events flyer for events coming up in November!
Check out our Events Flyer for events coming up in September!
Join Tucson Audubon Society for two events in September:
- Volunteer trail clearing along the San Pedro River on Saturday, September 15 at the St. David Monastery, if interested email Nicole Gillett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Bird the San Pedro” event at the Holy Trinity Monastery in St David on Saturday, September 22, 7 am–1 pm, please RSVP here.
Attend the Public Meeting in Sierra Vista August 22!
BLM will host another public meeting on the draft RMP at 5:30pm Wednesday, August 22 at the Sierra Vista Police Department. This is an opportunity to voice your concerns about BLM’s plan to open more areas in the San Pedro Riparian National Conservation Area to grazing and hunting.
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has released the draft Resource Management Plan (RMP) for the San Pedro Riparian National Conservation Area with a 90 day comment period. Major changes from the current management approach include increased grazing.
The Friends of the San Pedro River has reviewed the draft and shared our position on the FSPR website. To begin your own review, you can access the document online. Public input will shape the final plan.
Public meetings on the draft RMP are scheduled for:
- Aug. 8, 5:30-7 p.m., Benson Fire Department Station 71, 375 E. 7th Street, Benson, Arizona
- Aug. 22, 5:30-7 p.m., Sierra Vista Police Department, 911 N. Coronado Drive, Sierra Vista, Arizona (Meeting attendees should use the lobby entrance to access the room)
- Aug. 23, 5:30-7 p.m., Pima Community College, 401 N. Bonita Ave., Tucson, Arizona
Public input will shape the final plan, and we strongly encourage you to attend one of the public meetings to learn more about the draft RMP and voice your concerns and suggestions.
Check out our Events Flyer for a list of events in June!
Check out our Events Flyer for a list of upcoming events in May!